Every business needs a professionally designed website. It doesn’t matter whether you sell doors or deliver food: having your own website allows you to attract new clients and present your brand in the best possible way. Thus, you have to look for design companies in Bay Area SF that would be engaged in the development of your site. So, how do you make the right choice and find a really good web designer? Read this post to find out.
What a Web Design Agency Does
A web design agency is a specialized company that provides services for creating and promoting websites. They also do web development, analytics, and marketing. Now let us have a look at a traditional web design team:
- First of all, there is an account manager. This professional connects a client and a designer. They should be able to explain complex concepts in layman terms: convey to the customer technical details, and set the task for developers in a technical language.
- A web designer develops style, prepares a graphic template, and manages the appearance of the site.
- A UX/UI designer or UX/UI analyst studies user experience and helps develop the interface that is most intuitive for users.
- A web developer is responsible for the technical functionality of the site, backend, and frontend of the project.
- Also, in the studio, there may be contextual advertising specialists, marketers, copywriters, and SEO specialists.
The goal of every web design company is to make high-quality, functional, and convenient web products for their clients. The design should correspond to the profile of the customer and contain elements of corporate symbols. The cost depends on the complexity of the work, the competitive environment, and timing. Listed below are the basic services provided by most web design agencies:
- Website development – From the development of the layout to the launch of the finished project.
- Domains and hosting – Web studios help to register a domain and obtain the right to use it. Some companies allow clients to use their cloud servers.
- Audit of the existing website – Carrying out a technical audit, identifying problems, and solving them with a web design studio allows you to scale your solutions.
Other services provided by web designers are:
- Usability testing – Usability testing is a method of evaluating the convenience and effectiveness of an interface. Target audience members are involved in the online assessment of how convenient it is to use the interface. Based on the behavior of the respondents, the usability specialist draws conclusions about the presence of usability issues in the interface and their nature.
- Business analytics – This is needed to discover the target audience of the product. For the site to be useful to your audience, you need to determine who your target audience actually is. What are their needs, preferences, and interests? It is necessary to analyze the parameters: average income, gender, age, a region of residence. It is also useful to audit a niche, analyze the solution that you’re working on, and the websites of the competitors.
- Marketing and promotion – This allows you to not only increase the attendance of the resource but to increase the conversion so that more visitors become customers. For this, a wide range of measures is being taken. First, a marketing plan is developed, where each service is described in detail, and then terms are set.
- Technical support, consulting, and customer management after completion of the work – Today, many companies understand the importance of maintenance and technical support after a project is complete.
Choosing your Web Designer
Here are a couple of tips that will help you choose a reliable partner in the design of your website or app.
- Look at their Website
A good web design firm should have a website; it serves as a business card. Oftentimes, web studios make a personal website as attractive as possible in order to show their capabilities to a potential client. By evaluating the studio’s website, one can judge the professionalism of its employees. Pay attention to the hosting on which the site is located. If it is free, then the studio is unlikely to have a good reputation and a large client base. Reputable studios and designers acquire their own domains.
- Explore the Portfolio
It doesn’t have to be huge. It’s more important to evaluate the quality of the work. If the portfolio contains large projects such as the development of online stores or corporate sites for serious companies, then this is indicative of professional experience. Take a look if all the projects are created according to a single template. The more projects you attract, the more likely it is that the site created for you will meet all the requirements.
- Check the Location of the Office
A good web studio must have an office. The site should contain its address, as well as other contact information: telephone, email, etc. Talk with managers and find out how competent they are. By such direct communication, one can also judge the studio’s work and level of professionalism.
- Remember the Value-for-Money Factor
The fact that the services of a good web-designer are not cheap is not even worth talking about. If you want your site to be well-made you do not need to chase the lowest cost. It is preferable to work with large firms who are seeking long-time cooperation. Beginners should be preferred only if you are confident in their professionalism.
A website is necessary for every self-respecting company. By addressing a professional web design agency with an impressive portfolio and professional employees, you’ll make a good investment. Your website is the face of your company on the Internet and it should benefit from all the available opportunities to make it as attractive and presentable as possible.