Your system stores a lot of junk data including obsolete apps & programs. Many of these apps & programs you install and stop using over a period of time. Now that many of these apps also run at boot time causing prolonged startup processes and affecting overall system performance negatively. Additionally, it also consumes valuable device storage unnecessarily. If you wonder how to remove applications from Mac while speeding up system performance, here we have discussed different ways to do that. It includes a manual process and using the best Mac cleaner tools.
How to remove applications from Mac manually?
The quick way to remove software from Mac is to use Launchpad. In addition to that, you can also try Finder to uninstall Mac apps. Let’s discuss both the ways here.
Use Launchpad to delete a Mac app
To remove applications from Mac that were downloaded from the App Store, follow these steps:
- Click in the Dock to open Launchpad or open it from the Applications folder.
- If you are not able to see the app in the Launchpad, you need to type the application name in the search field at the top of the screen.
- Once selected, simply press and hold the Option key until the app starts to jiggle. Alternatively, you can click and hold the selected app.
- Click on the ‘X’ icon here to immediately delete the selected app.
Note: If you can’t see the ‘x’ icon, then probably the app is needed by your Mac or it doesn’t come from the App Store. To delete Mac apps that don’t come from the App Store, use the Finder instead.
Use Finder for application uninstall on Mac
To remove applications from Mac using Finder, follow these steps:
Locate the app that you want to delete in the Finder. Most of these apps, you can find in Mac’s Applications folder. Open the Applications folder by clicking it in the sidebar of the Finder window. Alternatively, you can also try Spotlight to find the application that you want to delete. To do this, you need to press and hold the Command key and need to double-click the app in the Spotlight.
- Once selected, simply drag the selected app to the Mac Trash. Alternatively, you can choose the app to delete and go to File > move to Trash.
- When prompted, enter administrator account details.
- No, go to Finder > Empty Trash.
How to remove applications from Mac using third-party apps?
The first best Mac cleaner software to remove unwanted apps is Smart Mac Care. This powerful Mac cleaning software comes with three unique modules to clean and secure your Mac. Using this best app to clean Mac, you can clean, optimize and secure your system for better performance. The three unique cleaning modules of Smart Mac Care include:
The malware scan module of the app helps you detect and remove all types of malicious content and threats present on your system. It is a useful feature to avoid unwanted crashes and abnormal functioning.
Under this feature, it will scan, locate and remove all unnecessary data from your device. During the process, it will find & remove cache files, Trash items, temporary files, log files, and other junk files.
Under this module, the app will scan all browsers on your system to find and remove cache, cookies, and Internet history.
In addition to three unique modules, it also helps you uninstall unwanted apps on Mac, remove duplicate files, delete failed downloads, and manage login items.
The next best Mac cleaner to clean your system is CleanMyMac X. This all-in-one powerful tool helps you clean junk files, uninstall unwanted apps, and optimize your Mac for better performance. You can use this best Mac cleaning software to replace dozens of other tools. It works as a macOS cleaner, a malware remover, a performance booster, and more. You can use this best app to clean Mac and liberate your digital space. It helps you clean useless localizations, logs, obsolete downloads, broken downloads, caches, cookies, unneeded files, and more.
Features of CleanMyMac X:
- ou can use CleanMyMac X to clean the clutter from different apps including Mail, iTunes, Photos, and other apps.
- It offers one-click cleaning to save time.
- In addition to cleaning your Mac, it also helps you secure it by eliminating ransomware, adware, and other malware threats.
- It also helps you keep your privacy intact by removing your browsing history, cache & cookies, and online & offline activity traces.
Onyx offers an instant solution to your worry ‘how to remove applications from Mac’. This multifunctional utility helps you verify the structure of the system files and run multiple cleaning and maintenance tasks. You can set and configure different parameters to find & uninstall unnecessary apps and junk data immediately. It works on a clean and interactive interface to deliver a seamless user experience.
Features of Onyx:
It helps you clean junk files, uninstall unwanted apps, and perform maintenance tasks for better Mac performance.
- It is compatible with all Mac versions.
- It helps you rebuild various indexes and databases to avoid performance issues.
So, this was a detailed review of how to remove applications from Mac and delete other unnecessary data to optimize & clean the system for better performance. Do try these steps and share your experience in the comments below.
Mac offers various built-in utilities and features to perform numerous cleaning & optimizations tasks easily. Let’s discuss how to remove applications from Mac and delete other unnecessary junk.
Also Read: 9 Best Free PC Optimizer Software